Monday, April 21, 2008

Grandpa

Grandpa was so easy to talk to because there wasn't a whole lot he didn't know everything about. He could talk to anyone about anything.  He was extremely witty.  He used to save airplane magazines for Kevin and went out of his way to have treats and a picnic table set up for my kids when we visited.  I looked forward to not only my birthday but also my kids birthdays.  He never forgot!  The envelopes were always addressed in perfect block lettering and the envelope was completely sealed shut with tape (perfectly placed along the flap of the envelope).  

I remember when he came to visit when we were young.  We got excused from school and had a fun time up the canyon.  I never remember Grandpa being pessimistic or ornery.  He was always smiling and telling us how good it was to see us.  

Of all of Grandpa's greatest accomplishments I am so grateful to him for a wonderful Dad who I know has inherited some of his greatest attributes.  I love thinking how Grandpa must be so happy reconnecting with friends and family that have passed on, and being free from the gravity of this life.  

No comments: