Saturday, March 15, 2008

Where are we....Kansas?

Well we were narrowly missed by a tornado last night that hit downtown Atlanta pretty hard.  With Kevin being gone, I was scared to death.  It moved east instead of south, so we did not get hit.  It happened around 9:30 and I was glued to the television until around 1:00 a.m.  I just knew that the minute I closed my eyes they would issue a tornado warning for our area.  Anyway, we are all okay, there were injuries up north but no deaths.  They are supposed to be more storms on their way this afternoon.  Kevin doesn't get back into town until tomorrow night so we are on our own for 2 more days!  Yikes!  I will keep you posted.
-Tiff

4 comments:

Behling Family said...

That is so scary. Even more so, that you are on your own if one did happen. Best of luck to you!!!

Scott said...

I heard that on the news! I was wondering how close you guys were. I'm glad that you are safe! It's so funny how much more confidence you have when your spouse is there with you. I don't know what it is, but just having him near I don't get scared. When he isn't here I always freak myself out making up sounds and noises that aren't really anything to be worried about. It's just nice to have someone near.
-Moke

Amber Staub said...

YIKES is right. I'm glad you guys made it through ok. Did the kids have any idea what was going on or were they already fast asleep? Tell Kevin that next time he needs to coordinate his business trips with the weather.

Adri and Cory said...

Wow tiff. Way scary! We will keep you in our prayers! In the meantime stay safe.