Friday, May 23, 2008

A Must Read

For those of you who have not watched the news seen Oprah or even surfed the internet lately let me introduce you to Randy Pausch. Randy was a professor of computer science at Carnegie Melon University. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer and only given a few months to live. He was asked to give a "last lecture" at his university. He decided to give his lecture on achieving childhood dreams. Anyway I was introduced to this book and his last lecture at work. Soon after I read his book "The Last Lecture" I read it in like a day I could not put it down. So anybody who is looking for a great read I highly recommend this book. It has to be good for me to learn how to use this blogging thing to recommend it. If you really enjoy it let me know. Also, Randy is still alive he recently spoke at the Carnegie Melon commencement and his next goal is to make it to Fathers Day to spend it with his three kids. I guess I can say after reading this book I truly have been counting my blessings.

2 comments:

Adri and Cory said...

If you did not figure it out it was Cory that made this post.

T said...

I have heard of him, but didn't know he had a book out. Thanks,Cory! It's good to hear from someone new! I can't wait to read it.